Saturday, August 14, 2010

I'm Back! And recomendations

Sorry I've been away, I've had the play, and chores around the house, and babysitting for 18 hours. But I'm back now and that's what counts.
Today I saw Scott Pilgrim vs. The World and it was great. Better than I had expected, and I was acting like a total fan girl. : )
I don't want to give anything away and spoil it for anyone else, but I will say that in the end, guy gets girl and everything ends well. It's a great combo of a romantic-comedy-action flick. It keeps you interested and into it. There are subtle things from old video games, from the name of both Scott's and his evil ex girlfriends band's names, to the opening music over the 'Universal' logo and the battle scenes. Scott is able to defeat the evil ex's by using his brain, his mad bass playing skills, and a little help from his friends. And there is no blood in any of the movie, because, true to good old video games, when you kill your opponent, he turns into change. If you don't know what I'm talking about, go rent a Lego Starwars video game. I'll wait.
the only thing I'd change would be either, which girl Scott gets in the end (seriously, Knives is awesome and sweet!), or the character development that we see in Ramona, because in between all of the epic battles of epicness, I don't feel that we get enough of a feel for the character of Ramona. But maybe that's the point. She's like Margo in Paper Towns. Her characters roll isn't as big of a one as it might seem. She's just another person, and no matter how larger than life people may seem, no one is.
Another recommendation I have is a Youtuber. Well.... Several. I'll relate them to you in another post so Haley won't bug me to death about updating the blog,
(Seriously. She's sent me over 36 emails today alone.)

2 comments:

  1. HI COLLEEN!
    haha, you used the wrong "role"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just saw that movie! LOVED IT! Have you read the novels? They're just as funny.

    ReplyDelete