Saturday, June 26, 2010

Spoilers!

Very good!
Okay, I'll go through this in order.
First, I'm trying to show the little sparks, the inner turmoil etc.
Second, I'm gonna have Sarah and Johnson have lunch, introduce some secondary characters, and then get to the rest of the orphanage.
Third, good point. I tried to look on the internet to find out dream symbolism for Sarah's and Johnson's dream things. I'll need your help with that. But also, like in Paper Towns I want to challenge what we believe is good and evil, b/c that's what the whole book is about. More on that later.
Next, yes. Just yes. She should die for the cause. But we need to find out what, why, and where she dies.
Back to what the book is about. I don't really like the dark message as much because we don't really want to read books that don't eventually make us feel better. We don't want to push people over the edge into depression! We all, as I have previously talked about, we usually see ourselves in our characters, they are flawed, but then at the end, the characters don't exactly come out perfect, but better. Then we feel like we can get better. That we are not fated to have ourselves be the same, but that we can change. So the message that I want to give is that we are not fit to determine who or what is evil. Just like all of the top governmental persons thought that Johnson was evil when he was not. We just have to know that what we do could seem evil to someone else. We never do something because we think it's evil. We do it because we believe that it is the best choice possible.

And there you go!
You said you'd written a chapter. Wanna share?

No comments:

Post a Comment